iPods more popular than Beer - so?

I was thumbing through my August copy of eSchool News (yes, I still do hard copy) and I came across their article on "Survey:iPods more popular than beer." Most of the articles I have read, and there were several, about this survey by the marketing firm Student Monitor have as the main point that iPods are more popular than beer. While that's certainly significant in and of itself, what impressed me more was looking at the total list of "What's in" on campus. Out the top 13 in things, 7 items were digital activities unique to Millennials and consequently are things I couldn't have done when I was an undergraduate. If nothing else, it dramatically underscores the difference between digital natives and immigrants. I'll ignore the age issue for now.

iPods, Digital, Native, Immigrants, University, Marketing, Beer

This entry was posted in General by ken. Bookmark the permalink.

About ken

Ken is the Director of MIS and Instructional Technology at Plymouth State University where he enjoys the opportunity to work with energetic, intelligent, motivated, competent and caring colleagues to advance the integration of technology into the institutional academic and administrative environments in the effort to promote a more informed citizenry.